The Delhi Township Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony is an annual tradition that keeps growing in popularity.
Held the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving in Veterans Memorial Gardens, the ceremony starts with a carol singalong with the Holt High School band and choir while snacking on cookies and keeping warm with hot chocolate.
The crowd gathers around the biggest tree as the countdown begins, and after the switch is thrown children prepare for a special visit from Santa Claus himself.
The fun doesn’t stop with the tree lighting – it marks the start of more holiday fun:
- Children can send a letter to Santa Claus with our special mailbox in the township hall.
- The Holt-Delhi Branch of the Capital Area District Library has a holiday open house.
- The nearby Holt Farmers Market has a holiday open house.
- Live reindeer also make an appearance.
- Veterans Memorial Gardens has special lighting that can be enjoyed throughout the season.